Core-Tex plays well with others. With the increased interest and research around dual tasking of cognitive exercises plus motor challenges, Core-Tex is emerging as a clinical favorite for many reasons:
1. The patented motion and flat, firm surface introduces a rotation and slide component that requires gaze stabilization that is not challenged on other surfaces. Keeping the head still and vision focused is a critical focus factor.
2. The handrail provides external stability that can be progressed and accessed as needed during a session.
- Two hands can be used between contacts with SMARTfit's targets.
- One hand can remain on the handrail while opposite hand is used to contact SMARTfit's targets.
- Alternate hands can be used with handrail while hand closest to target contacts SMARTfit's target.
- Core-Tex is rotated so that handrail is not used or positioned along side for safety.
3. The variability introduced by Core-Tex promotes continual novel input to the motor system that continually challenges the system to develop new "solutions" to the movement scenarios created by Core-Tex.